LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensirion DLL SLI-1000 flowmeter communication

Hi,

I am trying to use a sensirion SLI-1000 flow meter in LabView.  The flowmeter uses two DLL to communicate with a program but I can not get the meter to return any measurements.  The first DLL is used to open and close the port and this one seems to be working.  The second DLL is used to read measuremetns and settings off the flowmeter and this one does not work.  I put each function I want to use in a SubVI and am passing the information between them but it still sin't working. 

Does anyone have any experience with this flowmeter or using two differnt DLL to communicate with a single device.  I am not sure why it is not working but I am sort of thinking that the two DLL's are not working together or there is some step I am missing. 

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,441 Views)

Start simple. Open port, write something, close port. Make sure that works.

Choose a command that is simple and that you can easily verify worked.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,434 Views)

Hey,

Sorry to disturb you with something you posted 2 years ago, but did you succeed with your problem?

I'm also using this sensor with Labview and...

Thank you for your reply/help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,292 Views)

I was never able to get the DLL to work with LabView.  After working with sensiron for a while we found a method that worked.  I would recomend that you contact them because they asked me not to share the information that they gave me. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,276 Views)

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Then yes i will contact directly the company. Could you give me some reference about you, your company or research institute? Just some key names/words for an effective contact?

Thank you very much for your help.

the best,

remi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,257 Views)

Hello All,

I am using the same Sensirion Flow Meter SLI-1000. I used the liquid Flow Viewer software provided by the vendor and succeded to get the Flow graph by USB Communication.

My requirement is to create a similar Software to interface SLI-1000 with LabVIEW using USB Interface. As per my understanding I get that the sensor will not give the Raw data to LabVIEW by simple VISA Serial Read program.

Hence I would like to what is the solution to read the Raw data from the sensor by using USB communication into LabVIEW. please provide the method you have followed for the same problem. Expecting your response at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance!

Jegadish M

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,964 Views)

Hello Jega28,

Could you please create a new post for this question? This forum is very old and it would be very unlikely that someone goes into this forum. In this cases it is better to create a new forum.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,946 Views)