cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling application

@altenbach wrote:

@simo28 wrote:
What do you mean with "they get a cut"?

If the university paid for the LabVIEW license they probably have a right to whatever you develop with it.

It seems to me like you should not be selling an application but they should hire you as a contractor to write software for them. You should be paid for the work, not for the final product.

Thank you, now I have a clear idea 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(940 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@simo28 wrote:

If the university paid for the LabVIEW license they probably have a right to whatever you develop with it.

It seems to me like you should not be selling an application but they should hire you as a contractor to write software for them. You should be paid for the work, not for the final product.

altenbach is right you need to hammer this all out in a contract with the university before a single line of code is written  object is dropped on a block diagram.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(939 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@simo28 wrote:

altenbach is right you need to hammer this all out in a contract with the university before a single line of code is written  object is dropped on a block diagram.

Yes, I will do that right away 🙂 Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(931 Views)

Also pay attention to the details of such a project contract. It is not the same if you develop a software for them, and you give them the installer only, or also the source code. If they have only the installer, they will need you in case of any modification request in the future. If you give them the source code too, they can just get someone else to make the modifications they want cheaper, etc...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(906 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Also pay attention to the details of such a project contract. It is not the same if you develop a software for them, and you give them the installer only, or also the source code. If they have only the installer, they will need you in case of any modification request in the future. If you give them the source code too, they can just get someone else to make the modifications they want cheaper, etc...

Thank you, I will consider this.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(848 Views)