LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select different channels.

Dear all,

I am new with Labview, and I want to do a general program, where it permit me to select which channel I want to take information. How can I do it with different Create Channels?

As I attach the .vi, the user can select by a enable bottom how many channels wants to measure, and after that the program has to capture signals and show the graphics, and measures. 

Thanks in advance,

Anna.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,518 Views)

Hi,

As long there is nothing done on the block diagram window (ctrl-e), I suppose you are not yet familiar with programming labview. 

I think the best place to start would be the Help/Example finder menupoint. 

Especially:

/Fundamentals/Loops and Structures/*

/Hardware Input and Output/DAQmx/Analog Measurement/Voltage/Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi

Have fun with it! 

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,509 Views)

Yes I know that I don't have anything connected on the block diagram, it is because I don't kown how I can create diferents channels, like my front panel. All the exemple that I review, they have a DAQ Global Channel, but I want to fix it, I want that the user only has to select if he wants the channel 0 and channel 2 or only channel 3 for exemple. 

Anna.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,502 Views)

Hi,

You can create only one Channel in the group of inputs of your DAQ device. For example you cannot make different channels for AI0 and AI1.

What you can do is to click "Browse" on the Phisical channel selection and select multiple channels. On the read step you can read them as an array.

From that point it can be determined by the boolean switches which array should be indicated in the graphs.

I hope this info and the example finder helps you to find the solution.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,499 Views)

hi,

If I understand correctly, I have to read all the channels, and after that selects ones or others depend on the Boolean signals. Isn't it? 

Anna.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,495 Views)

Yes, you are right.

The other way is to restart the whole DAQmx task after each selection change, but it needs a much more complex programming structure and the running tasks will be stopped and restarted as well on each click.

I suggest you to do the easier way first.

Br,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,493 Views)

thank you !!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,488 Views)

Please mark the topic as solved!

Kudos are welcome!

Thanks,