cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select data in CAN frames

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've recorded some CAN frames in a NI CAN Logfile (.ncl). Now I use the VI "Display Logfile As Frames" coming from NI examples. I've modify the VI to select one Arbitration ID amonst all ID. I succed in selecting but I have a line of zeros in the display array for non interesting Arbitration ID. How I have to make to delete zeros?

To select I use a case structure. If ID is correct signal is wired to array, if not the array isn't wired to signal and I must choose "Use Default If Unwired".

Thank you

François

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,392 Views)

Up please, I have no more solution...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,360 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GxABT_Mechanical

Hello François,

If your problem is only situated in the visualisation, then you could try to use the "Delete From Array"-function to delete a row or a column from the 2D array you get as a result (called "Frame Display")

You can find the "Delete From Array"-function in your function palette by going to Programming > Array > Delete From Array

Can you let me know if this helps you?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,296 Views)

It would help if you post your code, but it sounds like you are letting LabVIEW automatically build your array for you at the exit of a loop.  Instead, store your array in a shift register and put a build array function inside the case structure so that it only adds the desired elements to your array.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,288 Views)