From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Physical Channels From Front Panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am currently trying to build an execuatble file that is dummy proof and has variations of the application available.  I am currently trying to give the user the ability to select physical channels from the front panel, via a cluster of check boxes or push buttons... etc.  I then have a string array containing all the names of the channels. I was trying to run this through a for loop with a case structure inside, and when false, the column of the array would be deleted.  Instead i get an empty array column, which does not work when it goes into the active channel node. 

So in short, how do i delete this column from the array in a for loop?

Here is a phot of something ive been trying.

Or if there is an easier method to call channels from the front panel, im all ears.

Thank you

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(4,581 Views)
The physical channel control, just like on the DAQmx examples, allows you to select channels. It gets wired directly to the DAQmx Configure Channel function without doing s single bit of coding.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(4,568 Views)

Do you have any examples of this or a link to an example? I will fish around, but if you have one right of the top of your head that would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(4,526 Views)

If you just make a control off of the Physical Channel Terminal you'll have the control that lists the available physical controls.  You can also right click and get I/O filtering to only show terminals of specific type.  Attached is 3 of these controls that all behave the same way.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(4,521 Views)

Hoovah,

Do you have this vi in a 2010 verison?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(4,517 Views)

Saved in 2010.  But again you can make these your self by simply creating a control from the Physical Channel Terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(4,514 Views)

So the reason id like the cluster of push buttons, is to make the executable fail proof, for someone who may not know exactly what they are doing with labview.  Also I would like to be able to select multiple channels, that may not be in order from 0-15.  Ive opened the daq assistent vi and i have been trying to edit this to do so with a cluster of radio buttons, which feed into the daqmx acive channel property node.  Is this more simple to do by using the physical channel conrol as you say?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(4,510 Views)

Well yeah.  You could use an array of those Physcial Channel controls.  Then use the DAQmx Flatten Channels to String go get multiple channels.  Or you can use on Physical Channel control, click the down arrow and browse.  From there you can use the CTRL key to select multiple channels.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(4,501 Views)
You are making it more complicated. Any user should be told how to use the software. The physical channel control can be used to select non-sequential channels. It's simply a matter of clicking on the browser option from the pull-down menu. You also have the advantage that you will not have to change code if you use s device with more or less channels.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(4,499 Views)

Okay,

So if i do open up the daq assistant, would i wire the physical channel control to the physical property node inside the vi? or should i completely rewrite that part of the vi without using the daq assistant vi?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(4,491 Views)