From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching from excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

@RavensFan  작성:

So why did it take 59 messages to get to clarify what you wanted?

That is now a clear statement we can work with.

Well the problem is, how i should implement this logic into my current coding, i also uploaded my current program.

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 96
(1,054 Views)

I don't see where you updated your latest program.

I don't have the time at the moment to work with any program as I'm trying to do my own programming.  But the logical first step is to feed your array into an In Range and Coerce function.  The In Range output will give you an array of boolean.  Now you'll just have to figure out where is the longest run of Trues.

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 96
(1,047 Views)

@RavensFan  작성:

I don't see where you updated your latest program.

I don't have the time at the moment to work with any program as I'm trying to do my own programming.  But the logical first step is to feed your array into an In Range and Coerce function.  The In Range output will give you an array of boolean.  Now you'll just have to figure out where is the longest run of Trues.

Thanks for your suggestion, but i already did this, the main problem is that how i sort out it where is largest range in the array and which function of lab-view supported this logic. Btw thanks allot for your time. have a good day

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 96
(1,043 Views)

When you go through the array, you keep track of where a set of True's start.  How long they've been going for.

Any time you find a longer run than you have in the past, you update your "variables" with the new start and the new longest run.

Those "variables" are the values you store using shift registers.

When you are done, the shift registers that have been holding the longest length and the start position of that run will give you the indices you can use to break out that section of the array using Array Subset.

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 96
(1,040 Views)

@RavensFan  작성:

When you go through the array, you keep track of where a set of True's start.  How long they've been going for.

Any time you find a longer run than you have in the past, you update your "variables" with the new start and the new longest run.

Those "variables" are the values you store using shift registers.

When you are done, the shift registers that have been holding the longest length and the start position of that run will give you the indices you can use to break out that section of the array using Array Subset.

Thanks for idea but it's little bit difficult for me because i am new in labview. It is possible that you will give me any example if you have similar like this not 100% similar but like this i will try to implement and try to write on this in my current code. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 96
(1,035 Views)

Thats my current code

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 96
(1,034 Views)

Hi sam,

Thats my current code

you still try to scan a string array despite you want to work on numeric values. Didn't you notice message #49? (You did not even use AutoCleanup so far…)

Where do you even try to find the first hit and where do you try to count the run length?

We aren't your "homework one-stop-solution provider"! When you want someone else to solve your code then you may hire and pay a developer here!

Try to understand what this code will do:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 67 of 96
(1,020 Views)

Where do you even try to find the first hit and where do you try to count the run length?

We aren't your "homework one-stop-solution provider"! When you want someone else to solve your code then you may hire and pay a developer here!

Hi, but i want to try myself. I just need some logical help because some of function in lab-view are very amazing, but unfortunately i dont know these functions. If it is possible for you then just suggest me some logical point of view and as you used this form regularly, so if you seen any same kind of examples then just let me know maybe in this way i learn more. In the above comment, i already informed that i dont want 100% accurate answer i just need suggestion. And i am very thankful specially for you because you help me allot and as beginner in lab-view your suggestion are really great work for me. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 96
(1,014 Views)

Hi Sam,

I just need some logical help because some of function in lab-view are very amazing, but unfortunately i dont know these functions

Did you notice this "Training" section in the header of the LabVIEW board? Guess what it is for…

so if you seen any same kind of examples then just let me know maybe in this way i learn more.

Did you notice the ExampleFinder in the help menu of LabVIEW? Guess what it is for…

i already informed that i dont want 100% accurate answer i just need suggestion.

You already got a ton of suggestions.

But you hesitate to even attempt to try them on your own!

(You don't even listen to advice as I wrote in my previous message. And you need nearly 60 messages to even explain what you are looking for in a clear way.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 96
(1,010 Views)

@GerdW  작성:

Hi Sam,

I just need some logical help because some of function in lab-view are very amazing, but unfortunately i dont know these functions

Did you notice this "Training" section in the header of the LabVIEW board? Guess what it is for…

so if you seen any same kind of examples then just let me know maybe in this way i learn more.

Did you notice the ExampleFinder in the help menu of LabVIEW? Guess what it is for…

i already informed that i dont want 100% accurate answer i just need suggestion.

You already got a ton of suggestions.

But you hesitate to even attempt to try them on your own!

(You don't even listen to advice as I wrote in my previous message. And you need nearly 60 messages to even explain what you are looking for in a clear way.)

Hi GerdW, ok got it and once again thanks for helping me. 

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 96
(1,005 Views)