LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for an efficient way to draw a vector moving in 3D Picture

Dear LabVIEW users and experts,

I can't figure out a way to draw a vector with the base fixed at (0,0,0) and the tip moving in space without having to reconstruct a new mesh object all the time, which works as implemented in the attached screenshots but it becomes very slow when interacting with other larger code.

Any idea?

P.S.: I would like to avoid using a 32bit version of LabVIEW hence ActiveX CWGraph is not an option for me

PPS.: I would avoid using the cylinder object and then trasforming it because I cannot define the cylinder given two points but instead have to translate and change the height of it

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(456 Views)

block_false.PNGblock_true.PNGvector_plot_demo.gif

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(425 Views)

We cannot debug pictures, so please attach your Vi. (preferably saved as LabVIEW 2020 or earlier)

(And please place a small wait in the loop. There is no need to spin millions if time per second saturating at least one CPU core. Of course we cannot tell how the signal simulation is configured and if it simulates any timing).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(390 Views)

You are right, I inserted a wait ms that waits 30 milliseconds in between cycles.

The two signals are sine and cosine waves running at 0.5 Hz.

Here I attach the vi for LabVIEW 2020. 

Thank you for the fast reply

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(379 Views)

Even with the ms delay between cycles creating a new mesh object each time is not efficient. Can someone suggest a better method?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(321 Views)

Create the mesh outside of the loop and update the trajectories inside the loop via a property node.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(307 Views)