LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrollbar appearance

Hi,

I would like to change the appearance (color of the parts) of the scrollbar in Listbox. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,815 Views)

Right click the listbox.  Advanced  >>  Customize.

You can acually use the color paintbrush directly on some parts of the scrollbar if you want to.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,811 Views)

I've tried, but I can only change the color of entire scrollbar.

Could you be more specific on how to color separate parts of the scrollbar?

Thanks,

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,807 Views)

I think you can't separate the colors of the different parts of the scrollbar (e.g. the background, slider, ...) If you press the spacebar with the coloring tool you can change the color of the triangle at the top and bottom of the scroll bar.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,804 Views)

Yes. But I must also change the color of the different parts, otherwise my GUI will be ugly.

I will try to create an XControl that will use customized vertical slide instead of the scrollbar.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,800 Views)

As Ben said, I believe there are only a couple of things you can change..

I find it funny that you say you need to modify it even more than you can to keep it from looking ugly.  In my experience, the ugliest front panels are those created by people who tried to do any kind of color modification to there controls.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,796 Views)

My GUI was designed by a professional designer and in accordance to that I must also change the appearance of the scrollbar 🙂

I've already customized other controls.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,792 Views)

I had to make my own. It take time but it is worth it. Now I can change to what ever I want. See below:

Front Panel.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,788 Views)

@andrej wrote:

[...] otherwise my GUI will be ugly.

Be careful what you ask for.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,786 Views)