LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrollbar Customization in LabVIEW

I am trying to increase the scrollbar width of the array with customization for a touchscreen application. The changes in scrollbar width are not retained when closing LabVIEW and opening it again. I tried making it strict typedef and still, the changes are not retained. Smiley Frustrated I also tried with other types of controls like modern and classic. I have attached the previews for reference.

Anyone have any ideas how this can be done? 

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,598 Views)

It appears to be a LabVIEW bug.  I can't think of an easy solution; a hard solution would be to create an XControl.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,565 Views)

It doesn't work with making it a Custom Control? If so, I guess you'll have to drop a free scrollbar from the numeric panel and use that ones events to change your array.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,528 Views)

Yes I too was frustrated by standard width scrollbars on touch screens and tried a few things.  Here is a XControl I made which has the ability set it to a larger width and can fit to a pane.  Open the Demo Large Scroll to see it in action.

Message 4 of 7
(3,506 Views)

Got a solution here

Adding following keys in LV ini file enables resizing scrollbars.

AutosizeScrollbar=False

autoResizeScrollbars=false

Message 5 of 7
(3,484 Views)

I never tested those INI keys but I thought that those didn't work consistently.  They would work on your system but when the EXE is built and put on a computer without those INI keys it would revert back, or other developers opening the VIs would see the normal scrollbars, save the VI and then when it was reopened it wouldn't retain the size.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,473 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I never tested those INI keys but I thought that those didn't work consistently.  They would work on your system but when the EXE is built and put on a computer without those INI keys it would revert back, or other developers opening the VIs would see the normal scrollbars, save the VI and then when it was reopened it wouldn't retain the size.

I guess your installer needs to change the LV.ini then. 😉

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 7 of 7
(3,402 Views)