LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll down individual strings in strings array

Hi,

How can i programmatically scroll down logs in array of strings like that below?

array.PNG

Here is my solution but it scrolls whole array, not individual strings 😞

Array of strings scroll.png

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,057 Views)

Array elements can only differ in value. The scroll position is a property and is shared by all array elements.

Your use of the "indexvals" property makes no sense. It does not select a particular array element, but simply determines which array element is displayed in the leftmost visible position.

You can set the scroll position of the element once. No loop needed (if the strings have different number of lines, things will not work right).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,046 Views)

Try this (LabVIEW 2014):

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,034 Views)

Thanks Altenbach. I'm afraid that Your solution does not resolve my problem because I have an array of strings (dynamically changing size) and each string can have different number of lines (also dynamically changing). Any idea?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,954 Views)

I am having the same issue. I discovered that by temporarily making the array 1 element wide/tall you can make only the visible element scroll, but it'll scroll back to whatever position the other elements are in if you mouse over it or change the value. Even when the vi is off the strings will automatically scroll to each other's position if you mouse over them. I consider this a bug and hope NI fixes it soon. I'm quite certain that no fix is currently available.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,654 Views)