From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting: Check if LVLIB or LVCLASS was modified

Solved!
Go to solution

These properties shows if a VI was modified but not saved:

vi.gif

(at least, I believe so:)

Is there a way to check if LVLIB of LVCLASS was modified? I cannot find corresponding properties.

Thank you

(3,298 Views)

Maybe out can use the class's version. It's automatically updated when the interface is changes. Not sure exactly when this happens, but at least when changing scope of vi's. You'll probably have to check all individual vi's as well. The class and it's vi's are separate entities.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,264 Views)

le.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,239 Views)

wiebe@CARYA, paul_cardinale

Thank you for replies.

wiebe@CARYA,  I can check individual VI-s in LVLIB (or class) but I cannot find a way to check the library. For example was a VI added or removed? I do not think that reading of the version could help because previous version is unknown.

paul_cardinale, I tried your suggestion. It does not work for me. This is the code:

control_if_changed.png

The result is always False despite unsaved changes in number of VI-s belonging to libraries and despite to changes in FP and/or BD of these VI-s.

What do I do wrong?

(3,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Y_

I found solution. At least, I believe so. There property Modifications Bit Set is equal to zero only if the LVLIB has been saved and not modified after that. Different non-zero values probably indicate character of non-saved changes but it is not important for me now.

Modifications Bit Set.png

It does not reflect changes of library members, so the library member must be questioned one by one.

(3,205 Views)

How do you reach the Library properties in the diagram editor? I can't find any of Mods, HasEditsInThisContext or HasEditsInAnotherContext. According to http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2FF365A6FAB7B34786257ACD004BA15A, brown color in the property node means properties are internal or private. Is there a way to enable them?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,061 Views)

It's one of the items in the first set.

Note: Never use private properties or methods in deployable code.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,047 Views)

Thank you, these secret settings made the properties available for me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,037 Views)