cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen capture from MSO3034 via USB

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

How do take a snapshot/screenshot of the MSO3034 scope to the computer. The MSO3034 is connected via the USB port.

I am using the write to file with Hardcopy Start and Save:IMAGe, but it does not work. any ideas. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Klimovitsky

You have not specified any filename and filetype, the number of bytes to read and you do nothing with the output of the VISA REad function. You should use the VISA Read to File function (see attached). Set the pict file path control to c:\ and the Capture Filename control to any valid name like screenshot1. To have the color screenshot set the inksaver mode to OFF.

Ben64

Scope Screen Capture.png

Kudos are welcome!

Message 2 of 18
(4,588 Views)

Thanks for thw swift reply. 

It gives me an error from teh VISA Read To File:

VISA Read To File in Untitled 1.vi

Any Idea?

It seems that the scope reads/writes something (it flashes once) but no file is being saved. 

Thanks

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,581 Views)

This error message specifies an invalid path or lack of acces rights. Since the scope display flashed that means that the screen capture was made. Probe the filename input of the VISA read to file function to check if the input path is valid.

Ben64

Message 4 of 18
(4,577 Views)

Thanks. 

I will be able to check it only tomorrow morning. 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,575 Views)

Thank you. 

fixed it, and it worked. 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,556 Views)

For the benefit of everybody what did you fix?

... and don't forget to mark the accepted solution.

Ben64

Message 7 of 18
(4,554 Views)

I had a typed error in the file/folder location path. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,549 Views)

Hi,

Please, I need your help. I'm trying to capture the screen image of MSO7104A.  I tried the same thing as your diagram and I always failed at "VISA Read to File". I'm just wondering if the diagram is also valid for MSO7104A scope.  I really appreciate your help or anybody's help.  Attached is the snap shot of my diagram.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,501 Views)

I don't know if these commands applies to the MSO7104A (you should check with the programmer manual) but I would guess so since they are standard file transfer function.

One of the command your sending is wrong: you're sending  SAVe:IMAGe:FORMat PNG;   the correct command is  SAVe:IMAGe:FILEFORMat PNG;

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,469 Views)