LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratching my head with Lotus Notes Send Method

All,

I think I may have found a bug within Labview or Lotus Notes. If you are sending a Lotus Notes email, I've noticed that you must wire your recipients to the pRecipient parameter in the Send Method in the NotesDocument class. But, Lotus Notes Help Documentation states that if you use the SendTo item, it ignores the Recipients parameter, but I have found that this is not the case.

Am I missing something here? I've noticed in VBA (We use Office Products quite a bit and am familiar with the Visual Basic for Application language) that you and omit this parameter and it will send the email.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,203 Views)

I came across your post and happened to notice one closely related here. Is this the code that you are using to interact with Lotus? The Lotus Notes invoke nodes use ActiveX controls set up by developers of Lotus so I'd say normally say to stick to their documentation but if you are seeing that it is wrong and you actually do need to add pRecipient parameter for it to work then leave it there.

Seems like a bit of a fumble on Notes Help to say an email doesn't need a recipient.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,166 Views)

Logan,

I think you may have mis-understood me. It has been my experience that if you use the SendTo item, you shouldn't have to use the recipients parameter. Notes should automaticlly know to bypass this, at least based on the documentation.

• Ignored if the document contains a SendTo item, in which case the document is mailed to recipients listed in SendTo.
  • Required if the document does not contain a SendTo item.
  •  

I'm not sure if it's a Labview fumble or Lotus Notes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,147 Views)

My bad, so are you referring to the method of sending a file by using Right Click»Send To or are you using any LabVIEW code to send this email?

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,123 Views)

I apologize for not getting back with you. Work has had presedence this last couple of days.

All the code is written in Labview 2009. I want to make this code available for other VIs that may need it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,064 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,056 Views)