From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan from string to Bundle by name

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to take the output of "Scan From String and feed it into a Bundle by Name. There is no pre-existing bundle so I wonder if I can use a Cluster constant for the Input cluster. If so how is the cluster constant defined.

My goal is to read strings from ini file sections, split out names and limits and put them into a cluster or array of clusters that can be stored as TestStand Locals or FileGlobals.

Thanx,

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,649 Views)

You can use a cluster constant to build the cluster but I urge you to make a Type Definition of the cluster to make you life easier.

This Nugget talks about Type Definitions.

This Nugget shows a trick for creating the type def easier.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 3
(2,640 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvh75021

jvh75021 wrote:

There is no pre-existing bundle so I wonder if I can use a Cluster constant for the Input cluster. If so how is the cluster constant defined.

This is a very common thing to do upon initialization - bundle things up into a cluster and carry it around to use throughout the program, in sub-vi's, etc. I'm glad you're not just throwing them all into locals or globals!

Yep, you'll just use a Cluster constant into the Bundle the first time it's bundled. To make that initial cluster constant, take your known output cluster just create > constant. So to answer your question, the cluster constant is defined by the known output.

However, if this cluster ever changes during development, and it will Smiley Wink, you'll be changing every single cluster inside sub-vi's and that initial constant... or.. you'll follow Ben's advise and make a TypeDef! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 04-09-2010 03:22 PM
Richard

Message 3 of 3
(2,625 Views)