From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan From String Assistance

Hey NI Crew,

Here's a simple one for ya. I'm trying to use the Scan From String to dig through a bunch of data files to find the appropriate files.  I can do it to a certain point.  I'm looking for files that are identified as Passed but also have the .txt extension.  The .txt extension is causing this to not work.  I remove it, and I get all the passed files, but every different type of extension.  What's the magic trick here?  Using LabVIEW 2009, fyi.  So don't send me any VIs beyond that please.

DailyDose_0-1634225309767.pngDailyDose_1-1634225345186.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,038 Views)

Apply the file extension to the "pattern" input on the "recursive file list" block.

Have fun.

0xDEAD

edited to add: In your case "pattern" would be *.txt

Message 2 of 5
(1,036 Views)

@deceased wrote:

Apply the file extension to the "pattern" input on the "recursive file list" block.

Have fun.

0xDEAD

edited to add: In your case "pattern" would be *.txt

If the standard wildcards work then a pattern like ?Passed.txt might work better

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,018 Views)

Hmmm... I mean sure if you wanted to do it the easy way. LOL

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
(1,015 Views)

If you wanted to keep with the Scan From String, you need to use "%[^.]" instead of "%s".  The bracket notation looks for specific characters and the ^ states not the next character.  To this will take all characters up to the period.  The normal %s looks for a white space to stop the scan.

But the super easy method is to use the Recursive File List.vi and use "Passed_Report_*.txt" as your pattern.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(1,001 Views)