LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Engine in Windows Executable

I am trying to build a windows executable that will start and deploy the Scan Engine on the windows host.

When running the attached Main.vi from a LV project I can programmatically control the Scan Engine State.

When running from executable I get Error -1950679035 when reading or -2132869110 when setting the scan engine state.

The LabVIEW help states:

""Deploying and Running the NI Scan Engine (Windows) To automatically deploy the NI Scan Engine and I/O variables when a built application runs, you must enable the Include hardware configuration files checkbox on the Advanced page of the Application Properties dialog box before building the application."

But I can't find the mentioned checkbox in my build specification.

Am I missing something?

LabVIEW 2010, RT Module, RIO 3.6.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,319 Views)

Hi swenp,

on the one hand, this is probably a glitch in the LabVIEW help. To my knowledge, there is no NI Scan Engine running on the local windows host, but the Shared Variable Engine is used to pass the I/O variable data. This being said, the main reason for the errors that you receive is that you are not specifying a target IP to the "Get Scan Engine Mode.vi" and its siblings, and so these VIs cannot find a scan engine to "talk to".

So to read and write data to I/O Variables from a LabVIEW .exe, you will "only" need to have the Shared Variable Engine up and running - see Scan Engine Application Software Requirements for Target System Deployment .

Best regards,

Sebastian 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,301 Views)