From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? LabVIEW 2009 Enum in Datalog Refnum Loses Data in LabVIEW 2010+

Hi 

Can I please get support from an AE?

Attached is a LabVIEW 2009 VI with a Control of an Enum in a Datalog Refnum.

Whereby the Enum's FP Object is represented as an image.

In LabVIEW 2009 this works fine however, in any higher version (I have definitely tested with LabVIEW 2011, but have been told LabVIEW 2010 is the same) the image is blank.

Datalog Refnum Enum.PNG

Is this a bug - is data being lost?

Interestingly enough, if I remove the LabVIEW 2009 Enum from the Datalog Refnum then load in LabVIEW 2011 this image displays correctly.

Is there anything I can do (setting? etc...) in LabVIEW 2009 that will correct this problem so it displays correctly in later versions?

This issue originated in this LAVA thread.

Cheers

-JG

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,825 Views)

This was reported to R&D (# 311354) for further investigation. 

As a possible workaround, if you move the enum control out of the datalog refnum before saving in LV 2009, when you open your VI in LV 2011 the image will still show up for the enum control. You can then move the enum control back into the datalog refnum and it should work fine. 

Thanks for the feedback,

Daniel H. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,800 Views)
Hi Daniel

Thank you for your reply, I look forward to hearing what R&D say and if there is anything I can do to the LabVIEW compiled code, that would fix this issue, so the end users (of LabVIEW 2010+) distributed code would not have to do anything.

Cheers
-JG
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,791 Views)
Hi Daniel
Any feedback from R&D on this?
Cheers
-JG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,754 Views)

Hi JG,

R&D has been notified of this issue, but I can't be sure of when this issue will be investigated and addressed. We periodically release lists of bugs that are fixed in service packs and new versions of LabVIEW, and you can use the R&D number I listed in my previous post to check for this specific issue on the bug fix lists.

Regards,

Daniel H. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,736 Views)

Ok, thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,733 Views)