cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling front panel objects for different screen sizes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Can anybody help me of designing Vi for different screen sizes. I have designed a VI for a monitor of small size and lower resolution but when I open the same Vi on a different monitor,objects are not aligned properly. The properties which I have changed are

Window appearence->Default

Window Size -> Panel size 0,0   & Tick marked options of Maintain propotions for different monitors and scale all objects 

Window Run Time position-> Maximum

Regards

Imran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,402 Views)

Imran,

I can't solve your problem entirely.  However when I have to write a program that will be deployed on a variety of monitor sizes, I tend to set the size of the Front Panel to suit the smallest monitor, and then remove the ability of the user to resize it.

Also, set it to run in the centred position.

See attachments.

Many Thanks,

Dan

Dan
CLD
Download All
Message 2 of 11
(5,393 Views)

This becomes more worse when an application is run on different resolutions. I made a software on 1920 by 1200 resolution but when I tried the executable on a resolution of 1200*800, all the front panel objects were moved on different positions.

There must be some solution for this type of scenario where we have different resolutions.

Regards

Imran

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,355 Views)

Yes off course... You have to set your monitor resolution to 1024 x 768 (this is the default resolution for Front panel designing) and then design the front panel....

Then you can use it in any machine (enabled 1024 x 768 as its resolution)...Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 11
(5,344 Views)

Well designing the front panel on 1024 resolution is a temporary solution but then I guess resolution of all the specific Laptop's on which executable application is required need to be changed to 1024.

Thanks for your help and co-operation.

Regards

Imran

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,326 Views)

You don't have to work with your own resolution set to 1024x768; just have an appreciation of what the minimum resolution your user will have.

For example, I work on dual monitors both at 1680x1050, but because I know my user may have a 1024x768 display, I set my GUI size to Width=1012 and Height=616, set it so user can't resize or maximise it, and make it start centred when run.

Dan
CLD
Message 6 of 11
(5,324 Views)

How I can set my GUI size. Are you talking about Minimum Panel size in Window size option?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,321 Views)

Yes i guess he is telling about the windows size only... You can set the windows resolution by the default size i mentioned and fix it then switch to your highest resolution... That brings no problem....Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,311 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mimran

Yep, set the minimum size, then drag the window to be the smallest allowable size, then turn off "Allow user to resize window".

Dan
CLD
Message 9 of 11
(5,307 Views)

Hi Dan,

What are your recommendations for this scenario.

Labview installed on 1900 resolution .

Executable needs to be run on either 1200 or 1600.

Can you now tell me which type of settings do i need to do on a PC of 1900 resolution.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,297 Views)