LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale range change event in LabVIEW NXG

I'm converting a program I wrote in LabVIEW to LabVIEW NXG. One of the event cases in the original function is the Scale range change in a graph. However I cannot find such event case in NXG. Is there any way to generate this event case? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(985 Views)

Hi pji,

You can obtain the range of the scale via property node => XScale/YScale => range.

You can use an event case to detect value changes. However, scale range changes due to right click menu such as auto-scale cannot be detected by event case through this method.

A workaround to this would be to continuously read the range value and compare it for changes, then use value signalling or user event to fire off an event when there is value change. However this method defeat the purpose of using an event case, but this is what I can currently think of.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(896 Views)

Hi, TCChun,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I also think that this is the only workaround.

At least NXG still provides the "range" property. I cannot find other properties such as offset and multiplier. Do you know whether they still exist?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(878 Views)

Hi pji,

LabVIEW NXG does not have all the properties that LabVIEW have, some properties such as offset and properties does not exist in LabVIEW NXG. If you cannot find it in the property node then most likely the property does not exist in LabVIEW NXG yet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(865 Views)

Yes, that seems to be the case. It's a bit inconvenient. Hopefully more functions can be added to LabVIEW NXG soon.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(862 Views)