LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming an Omega Platinum process controller using labview

First project using a controller (Omega Platinum CN16DPT-225-DC). Needing to use the controller with a pressure transducer as an input to drive another circuit controlling an electronic pressure valve (output) using given supply current to the valve. Seen the advertised image below saying you can use the "platinum labview driver" to control the controller. I have a given profile that the output of the of controller is supposed to replicate in order to test the electronic pressure valve. If i have all the data points of that the controller is supposed to follow is there an easier way of programming that profile without just using ramp/soak function to enter it point by point on the Omega Platinum configuration application?

Asking because the picture below made it sound doable and easy but realizing it much more difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Capture.PNG 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,426 Views)

Hi amaghema,

@amaghema wrote:

Seen the advertised image below saying you can use the "platinum labview driver" to control the controller. I have a given profile that the output of the of controller is supposed to replicate in order to test the electronic pressure valve. If i have all the data points of that the controller is supposed to follow is there an easier way of programming that profile without just using ramp/soak function to enter it point by point on the Omega Platinum configuration application?

Asking because the picture below made it sound doable and easy but realizing it much more difficult.

From this image it seems you can command that controller to set certain pressure levels, so it should be possible to read a "profile" from a (CSV text) file in LabVIEW and send the profile setpoints one by one to this controller.

What have you tried?

Why is it "much more difficult"?

Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,352 Views)