LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Jpeg

Hi,

I am trying to open a Jpeg image clip the image and then draw two red lines and some text on the image but I am having difficulties.

I am loading and clipping the jpeg fine and I am also drawing the lines and the text I want, however, i cannot save it.  If I use windraw, I see the image is exactly what I want but when I go to save as a Jpeg it comes up with an error--IMAQ Write JPG File -1074396080 Invalid image type.  I can save the image as png and tif however but the red lines I have drawn and the text dissappear.  How can I save the exact image that is shown in windraw with the text and red lines included?

Thanks
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,541 Views)
Chris,
Probably your image is 16 bit or float? You can save 8 bit image in JPEG, or RGB image (if you want to have red lines).
best regards,
Andrey.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,531 Views)
Andrey,

Yes I do have a 16 bit image.  How do I convert this image to a RGB image (to keep the red lines) and then save it?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,507 Views)
 I figured out my problem, however.  I wasn't too clear on the IMAQ overlay line and draw line functions.  It seems that overlay line is just for labview and is visual (doesn't alter the original image).  So in windraw, it will show a line but when I try to save it would vanish.  Draw line however will alter the values and save.  Also, I couldn't save to a jpeg because I had a 16 bit image not 8 bit like Andrey suggested (simple conversion).  Now I have my lines drawn (in color) and my picture saved as a jpeg.  Thanks for the help!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,495 Views)