LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save data continuously (timed loop) with timestamp

Hello guys,

1. I am trying to save my data together with the timestamp in a CSV file, but it s not working as I want. While I start my VI, error 43 comes out, instantly after I click cancel (see apendix: Error). When I click replace the same "replace window" comes again.

2. Also the data is not saved continuously, but it is overwritten. Because of that, only one data and timestamp are saved in the file.

What am I doing wrong? Do I miss something?

I would appreciate any help!

Best regards

Jason

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,169 Views)

Hi J,

While I start my VI, error 43 comes out, instantly after I click cancel (see apendix: Error).

Error 43 has an error description. Did you read it? (It means: "user cancel", so LabVIEW works as expected…)

When I click replace the same "replace window" comes again.

Because the same file operation takes place in the next iteration again…

What am I doing wrong?

You only provide images of your code, but not the code itself! We cannot debug images with LabVIEW…

Do I miss something?

Well yes!

Did you read the help for WriteWaveform? Did you read the help for all its inputs? And why did you set it to "not append" data to the file???

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,160 Views)

Hello Gerd,

you are right..the mistake was so simple..I just had to change from "not append" to "append". Now I get no errors and the data is written continuously in the csv file.

In the apendix the working vi!

I have a last question. What is changing with the value of dt from the function "BuildWaveform"? In Labview help it is written that dt specifies the time interval in seconds between data points in the waveform. But actually changing dt makes no difference in my results.

Best regards  

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,134 Views)

Hi J,

But actually changing dt makes no difference in my results.

When your waveforms only contain a single sample then dt is pretty senseless…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(2,129 Views)