From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save and load graph/chart line properties

Hi, 

I have come accross this issue several time, and I havent find a suitable solution yet. I am builing applications which can be used with different systems, so I have a configuration file which can be saved and loaded to save the user from changing all parameters everytime they re-open the main VI. These informations are for example: folder for saving data, acquisition rate, name of the variables to acquire.

The thing I cannot figure out is how to include in this the line properties which can be chosen by the user. For example, user1 usually acquires and plot a hot and a cold temperature, so he chose a red and a blue line. User2 usually acquires a speed, and three pressure, so he would prefer to have the speed in white dashed line and the tree pressure in plain red, green, blue lines.... These are exemple but in my application there are many many variables and it is important to have a convenient color scheme, but very tedious to change it all every time you open the application.

Any way to do this? My current solution is to generate one application per user with the right default plot properties, but I dont like it so much...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(737 Views)

Hi Marine,

@marinedupoiron wrote:

Any way to do this? My current solution is to generate one application per user with the right default plot properties, but I dont like it so much...

Most plot properties are just numbers (line thickness, line color, point type, point color, …), so you can save them to a configuration file like any other numeric value!

Read the properties and save them to you rconfig files. Upon executable start (or on user request) read the config file and set the properties.

I do this in several executables too, so users can adjust their favorite color scheme for graphs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(725 Views)