LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling and storing of Data

I have to sample my test results for half an hour, but i am not able to store my data for the complete 30 min as it overwrites my data every second in the text file. I have provided 1000 samples at 1kHz in DAQmx. How can I make it happen so that I can actually see my entire 30 min vs my channel in excel or text file? // Let me know as i am new to labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,387 Views)

Hi AJ,

i am not able to store my data for the complete 30 min as it overwrites my data every second in the text file. I have provided 1000 samples at 1kHz in DAQmx. How can I make it happen so that I can actually see my entire 30 min vs my channel in excel or text file?

Generic answer to your generic question: don't overwrite the file each second, but append to the end of the file!

Specific answer: when there is a specific problem with your VI then you should attach your specific VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,370 Views)

And please tell me how to append ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,342 Views)

I run a test for 10 min, but my readings in the excel file doesn't exceed after 1000 rows. I set my frequency as 1khz . I want to show the real time data in excel pertaining to number of minute i run the test. how can i show my channel reading for 5 min vs the specific value to that 5 min as in my write to measurement file it doesn't exceed 1000 samples and after each second it overwrites the 1000?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,348 Views)

It would be best if you attached your VI so we can see what you are doing now.

I don't really understand your message.

"I want to show the real time data in excel pertaining to number of minute i run the test"

seems to conflict with

"my write to measurement file it doesn't exceed 1000 samples and after each second it overwrites the 1000"

And the part in between

"how can i show my channel reading for 5 min vs the specific value to that 5 min"

is just confusing.

EDIT:

DON'T CREATE A NEW THREAD WITH THE SAME QUESTION! Smiley Mad

I've wasted my time answering this one when you've already been receiving replies in your original thread!

Especially since that originally thread was much more clearly written when compared to this one.

This thread has now been merged with that one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,329 Views)

@AJ28 wrote:

And please tell me how to append ?

Considering we don't even know how you are writing the file, we cannot really give any advice.  You need to share at least a sample of what your code is in order to help diagnose the issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,311 Views)

Attached is the Block Diagram and excel sheet. My question is that everytime i run test it overwrites the 1000 samples again and again rather than appending it. So If i want to run a test for 5 min , how can i create samples more than 1000 and export in excel. If you see my excel then my number of samples doesn't exceed more than 1000?

Please provide me a solution at same frequency rate.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,300 Views)

Hi AJ,

what about activating "append to file" inside the WriteMeasurementFile ExpressVI properties?

(I recommend to write your data to a CSV file instead of opening and closing a XLSX file inside a loop. Even more I recommend to stay away from ExpressVIs and DDT wires…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,292 Views)