LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STFT (spectrogram)

Hello all!

How can I convert frequency axis to period  axis (intensity graph), when STFT-data put into on intensity graph?

Image.JPG

what is worth doing is worth doing well
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,748 Views)

How about connecting period to intensity graph 2D array and single click on frequency label to rename it Period ?

Will that work ?

Kudos are Welcome Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,744 Views)

"How about connecting period to intensity graph 2D array and single click on frequency label to rename it Period " -it will not work.. I think.... ->

-> 2D array STFT-data -it's amplitude(magnitude) array, right? there delta F (step) is linear... (0,01 0,02)

if convert Frequency to Period, then delta Period (step) non-linear, because delaPeriod=1/delta(100 50) F(step increases nonlinear/irregularly).

How can I do it? averybody, help me...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,729 Views)

How to compute 2D array-amplitudes for periods? rather than frequencies...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,710 Views)

what is needed, example:  

How Can I do it??? anybody, help me  please.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,692 Views)

To convert from frequency to period, you will need to resample your data along the Y axis.  LabVIEW includes a number of resampling algorithms, one of which should work for you.  Process your data a vertical line at a time using one of them and you should be good to go.  Given the fixed nature of the resampling, you should be able to make this quite efficient.

Message 6 of 15
(5,666 Views)

->this does not work... no ideas...

1. invers array, 

2. setting Y scale.->

Image.JPEG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,636 Views)

Hi borvsk,

How is the bottom graph not what you wanted? That looks like it is giving you the period of the frequency graph above. Please explain in more detail.

Jason L.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,622 Views)

100Hz-0,01sec - good. 200Hz- 0,008sec -bad, 400Hz - 0,0025sec-good 300Hz-0,005sec- bad

100Hz=0,01sec, 200Hz=0,005sec, 400Hz=0,0025sec, 300Hz=0,00(3)sec.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,613 Views)

Hi borovsk

I see what you mean in that it is incorrect. Do you mind posting a snippet of your block diagram? I think it would be beneficial for us if we can see that portion.

Jason L

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,604 Views)