From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSE2 optimization error in Web Services deployment

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm migrating a 2010 SP1 web service to 2011 [because 2010 SP1 web services were buggy]. At first, I could build and deploy the code fine. Now I'm getting the following deployment error:

Error LabVIEW: (Hex 0xFFFEFA45) LabVIEW Web Services: Call to create a VI reference failed. The target might not support SSE2 optimization. Disable SSE2 optimization on the Advanced page of the Web Service Properties dialog box before proceeding.

Based on the online documentation, my hardware can support SSE2--but no matter, I disabled it anyway. The error message still occurs. Does this message mean something BESIDES that SSE2 optimization is enabled and is not supported? Based on the text of the error alone, it seems like disabling the optimization should surely fix the problem...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,464 Views)

pltrogon,

I believe your issue may be related to an open CAR:

Corrective Action Report #311279.

Regards,

Michael M

NI Americas | AE

NI.com/support | 1866-275-6964

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,441 Views)

that link appears to be broken.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,436 Views)

that appears to be an internal NI document. Is there anything I can see myself that would help me fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,428 Views)

Pltrogon,

I apologize; I can’t actually like you to the page. Can you give me some more information about what you’ve recently changed if your code used to work?

It seems to be a known issue and the fix is currently scheduled for 2011 sp1.

Regards,

Michael M

NI Americas | AE

NI.com/support | 1866-275-6964

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,425 Views)

So there's no workaround? Web Services in 2010 SP1 were so buggy I had no choice but to upgrade but I can't wait for 2011 SP1.

I am not sure what I changed between the first [successful] deployment and the second [unsuccessful] one, except that I didn't edit any code. I added the NI Vision module and checked the "index.html" box in the build specs somewhere around the same time. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,422 Views)

NI R&D is aware of this problem.  We are actively working on a fix.  We plan to make this available before 2011 SP1.

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,413 Views)

OK, thanks Michael and Mark for the information. I understand that this is usually an unanswerable question, but do you have any sense for the timescale we're talking about here? Days? Months?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,398 Views)

Hi,

The link above does state: Repairing LabVIEW clears the issue.    I haven't tested this - just repeating some information.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,394 Views)

A repair will not address this issue.

Thanks,

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,387 Views)