LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL.Net Error

Running Labview 2017 SP1 Developmental Version on Windows 10

I am having problems trying to update a project that was handed to me.  The project was written in Labview 2011 and i am trying to updated it to Labview 2017, to run under Windows 10.

I have the source code for the project and the .lvproj file for it.  The problem i'm running into is I think it is looking for a older version of .net and it's trowing a error.

The program is setup to read a RFID tag then look into a database and retrieve information of that RFID tag.  The only thing is it's notgiving me the right information.

When i go to run the project in Labview i get this error.

C:\Source Code v3.70\SQL\SQL.NET Close Connection.vi (SQL.NET Close Connection.vi)
- Expected Assembly "System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089", but found "System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089."
C:\Source Code v3.70\SQL\SQL.NET Execute Database Call.vi (SQL.NET Execute Database Call.vi)
- Expected Assembly "System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089", but found "System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089."
C:\Source Code v3.70\SQL\SQL.NET Open SQL Server Connection.vi (SQL.NET Open SQL Server Connection.vi)

I am just getting started with Labview and i am stuck right now with this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,882 Views)

Are those errors or warnings?  It is looking for version 2.0.0.0 but found 4.0.0.0.  Typically that's just warning you that something newer is being used. 

What do you mean that "it's not giving me the right information."  I can't imagine that a newer version of a .NET SQL data provider would return different data.   If it's the wrong data provider, it just won't work.  If it is returning data but it is the wrong data, I would check the query or the results of the RFID read. 

Please provide more information.  Share your VI (the actual VI file...not a picture).

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,863 Views)