LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Read write to 16Mbit SPI Serial Flash SST25VF016B using USB-8451

Hello,

I'm having trouble reading and writing to a 16 Mbit SPI Serial Flash Chip (SST25VF016B) using the USB-8451 device.

I've tried the SPI examples in Labview 2014, but nothing is happening when I send data.

Does anyone have a sample vi or solution to this issue?

Also, please find the data sheet attached.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,013 Views)

Hi florsema,

It sounds like you are able to write data on the SPI bus successfully, but the SST25VF016B isn't responding.

This could be for a number of reasons:

1) Hardware: Either there are power issues or you could have something wired incorrectly.  I don't know if you have a development board, breadboard, or what your hardware configuration is, so this may or may not be something that you should look into.

2) Software: You maybe sending data but if it isn't matching the commands/queries the chip can respond to, than that would explain why you aren't getting anything back from the chip.

I can't find any sample LabVIEW code, but Microchip does have some sample code that could help point you in the right direction:

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/SST25VF016B.txt

I would suggest doing a loopback test to verify that you are sending SPI data, and that you can read SPI data in your LabVIEW project. If that works, than it means that you need help with figuring out how to interface with the chip - and you'll probably have better luck on the Microchip forums than here.

If the loopback test fails, you should post your code so that we can see what you are doing.

G-IV

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,988 Views)

Hello G-IV,

Thanks for the feedback.  I will try the looback test and see if it works.  I'm worried that my DAQ may be damaged, however, I will scope it out and see if I'm getting the correct signals.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,947 Views)

Hi floresma,

Let us know how it goes!

G-IV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,927 Views)