LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SI Config 24 bit

I have an old LabVIEW 7.0 program that uses SI Config (etc) and SO Config to get sound from the computer's microphone and put sound out on the computer's speaker.  Back in those days the choice was 8 bit or 16 bit in the config.  Some sound cards are now 24 bit.  Is there an upgrade to the SI/SO series that gives a 24 bit option or do I have to go a completely different route?

Thanks,

~~Les Hammer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,525 Views)

Hi Les,

If you look at the Sound Input Configuration.vi you have a input for Sound Format.  In this you have a setting for how many bits per sample.  I think this should let you set it to the 24bits your sound card has.  The Sound Input Configuration has the same input and should allow you to make the same change.  Have you tried this?

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,496 Views)

Hi Adam,

> If you look at the Sound Input Configuration.vi you have a input for Sound Format. 

>  In this you have a setting for how many bits per sample. 

>  I think this should let you set it to the 24bits your sound card has. 

My version (from 7.0 or 7.1) only has 8-bit and 16-bit settings.  I assume there is an update or different vi (or is it a dll within the vi) that will allow for 24 bit.  Do I need 8.x, or just download "xyz" to get this?

Thanks,

~~Les Hammer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,472 Views)

Hi Les,

These are built in functions in LabVIEW so you will need a newer version of LabVIEW.  It looks like this was changed in LabVIEW 8.0.

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,453 Views)

Hi Adam,

> It looks like this was changed in LabVIEW 8.0.

OK thanks.  That does bring up the extra bits on the input like I needed.

~~Les Hammer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,435 Views)