LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCRAMNet- Does anyone have experience with this type of shared memory and would like to offer some pointers (or code)?

I will be devloping an application that use SCRAMNet and if anyone out there is willing to help out, I would appreciate it.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,646 Views)
Hi Ben,

Though I do not have any experience with SCRAMNet, I know that National Instruments has a LV real time VISA driver for cPCI-SCRAMNet 150+ . If you are looking for this driver , please contact NI support team via phone/email.

Also, I found this tutorial that might be helpful to you.

Hope this helps,
Ankita
Message 2 of 11
(5,624 Views)
Thank you Ankita!

BTW The extra set of stars is from the guy that would have had to start from scratch if you had not helped out.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,614 Views)
Glad to be of help Ben. Please let me know if you need more help.

Ankita
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,597 Views)

Hi Ben

You may have already solved your application requirements regarding your SCRAMNet, but feel free to contact me or anyone of of our technical staff here are Curtiss-Wright Controls.  We'll be glad to help you out.  We are also in the final stages of having a Labview interface for our new SCRAMNet GT product.

Visit us when you get a chance cwembedded.com

Greg R

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,531 Views)

Thank yuou fo rthe follow-up offer Greg.

That application in developing quite well.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,523 Views)

I would like to know more about your application and how you are applying the SCRAMNet technology.

Email me at greinhard@curtisswright.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,519 Views)

It is a project that I am not at liberty to discuss the details.

I can describe it in general terms. It amounts to a 20,000 channel 1KHz oscilloscope.

The system monitors logs and interacts with a varying number of nodes that in turn interact with each other via SCRAMNet to create a simulated test environment for the widget under test. I use SCRAMNet as a was to tap into the RT updates of various node to node interactions.

By taking advantage of the recieved interupt over-ride of SCRAMNet, I was able to get imediate updates ofa all interactions and was able to stear the updates to the agent assigned to handling updates of the memory block identified in the interupt. This yielded an elegent plug-in architecture that required minimal CPU usesage for interupt serving.

The application may have to be split between multiple processors due to PCI buss bandwidth limitaions. I do not want to but am prepared to do that if node count and update activity warrent it.

The bottom line is not if SCRAMNet can keep up with the updates but if modern technology can keep up with SCRAMNet!

This project is still a work in-progress but the SCRAMNet part is done unless later testing reveals issues.

My experience with SCRAMNet to date has been quite satisfactory. I have already recomended it for another one of my customers that needs timely updates of geographically dispersed nodes.

Ben 
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,517 Views)
If you have a need for higher bandwidth for SCRAMNet, look at our SCRAMNet GT product http://www.cwcembedded.com/products/0/1/65.html

With higher bandwidth to handle even video applications, this would be a lower cost solution in the initial hardware costs.  Runs about half of a SCRAMNet+.  We are also about to release the Labview drivers for this.  Look this over and let me know if there might be some interest.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,497 Views)
Ben,

Don't expect too much help from Curtiss-Wright's "tech support".  They barely support Scramnet 150.
My experience has been less than enthusiastic.  I am currently looking for a different mirrored memory interface
because of the lack of support from Curtiss-Wright.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,452 Views)