cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCPI commands check

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I want to send SCPI commands in LV in order to communicate with Agilent B2901 to do the Pulse Sweep Measurement.

I read the Agilent B2900 SCPI command manual already and located Figure 2-2 is what I want. But I am not sure all the commands I wrote is nessary?

Also, I am not sure how can I check my commands is right or not? NI spy may help but I am not sure how it gonna work.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,259 Views)

One way is to type the commands one at a time in the VISA Test Panel in Max.

Message 2 of 7
(4,238 Views)

For example, how can I know all the commands are need or been executed?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
(4,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author huskerli
Agilent provided the list of commands. Ask them if they provided a bad list. Skip some commands. If the measurement does not work, those commands are necessary.

You have to take advantage of your basic troubleshooting skills and knowledge of instrument communication. You can send a command and view the instrument menus to see if it changed as expected. You can issue the error query after every command or after several.
Message 4 of 7
(4,223 Views)

Hi Huskerli,

It looks like there is already a LabVIEW driver for the Agilent B2901 available here:

NI Instrument Driver Network: Agilent B2900 Series

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=A8B329BA90D61265E0440021287E6A...

I haven't used it personally, but that might be worth taking a look at as it should take care of the syntax requirements etc.

I'd recommend downloading it from LabVIEW (Tools>>Instrumentation>>Find Instrument Drivers), this might be helpful:

KnowledgeBase 4GKAT3OH: How Can I Find and Install an Instrument Driver For My Instrument?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/78FDB0C0DA2448E8862573B8005B64ED?OpenDocument

Regards,

Tom L.
Message 5 of 7
(4,220 Views)

Thank you all for reply

I just wondeing is anyone can answer me the NI spy question as well? I thought it may help me for SCPI commands check,  But looks like I am wrong since no one talk about it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,213 Views)
What's to talk about? It will record all communication between the pc and instrument. It's not going to help you know which commands to send. You can use it with the functions in the driver if you wish to understand what they are really doing.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,209 Views)