Did you mean: 

S19 File Loading

Ah coudn't load up that vi - only have LV 7.1 😞
LV7.1, LV8.5, LV2014/15/16
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,720 Views)

@leachdor wrote:
He changed the values without the checksum changing?
...I am curious about this that your friend did though...if he is making modifications that don't change the checksum, maybe something like that has been done to ours?

Hi leachdor,

My understanding is that he figured-out which data-byte needed to change but didn't understand the checksum and left it alone - producing an S19 line with an invalid checksum!Smiley Surprised 

Here's the util again - in LV7.1 with only the address-patch! 

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,718 Views)
tbd -

I was able to get ahold of the source code for the project I'm working to replace.  The parsing program is helpful, but we need to ignore the checksum errors and load the S19 regardless of the errors...I thought now that I have it I could answer more relevant questions about the project.

I've been looking over the source, and I'm no whiz at C but from reading some of the comments and notes this is what I take from it...

The program downloads an s record file to the MC68HC11 through its special bootstrap program.  To get into that bootstrap mode there are some hardware changes you have to make first which labview won't handle. Before we can load up the S19 file though we have to send it a loader program which is the command FF (This clears out the micro) then sends 256 bytes of program data (which I have)  to the on-chip ram...which starts at address 0000...I don't suppose there is a way just to type out all of this C code into LV and have LV take care of it lol.

Data transfer is through the SCI, configured for 8 data bits, at 9600 baud...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,702 Views)

Hi leachdor,

It sounds like, maybe, the S19 file can be copied byte-for-byte to the micro-controller!(?)  Not to discourage use of the parser - if it helps - but why add complexity. Smiley Wink  LabVIEW can compile a primitive subset of C - but only when it's embedded in a "formula node" and there's no provision for hardware IO.  A built-in C-interpreter would be fun!.

My sense is that this S19 downloading might easily be ported to LabVIEW.  If you feel comfortable sharing the C-code, I may be able to spend some time on it in the next few days.

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,693 Views)
Sure I'd love the help 😄

What's your email?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,688 Views)
I'm not sure I should upload it to the NI forum, but I could upload it to another location if e-mail isn't good?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,664 Views)

Hi Leachdor,

Sorry for not replying sooner - half-intended to create a temporary email account for this - never got around to it (and it appears my employer blocks MSN!).  Will try to reply a bit later.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,658 Views)
Hi Leachdor,
      You can email to address shown at bottom.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,653 Views)
Hi TBD,

Did you ever receive that e-mail?

Its been awhile, since I heard back...got to thinking it didn't go through?
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,581 Views)

Hi Leachdoor,

I didn't receive your email - unless it was about an investment opportunity in Nigeria?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,574 Views)