LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Labview Exe application on Windows 10 surface tablet issues

Dear all,

I have a number of issues with an application (build with Labview 2015SP1) running on a Windows 10 Surface tablet. Hopefully you can help me out with this. These are the issues:

1. Tabbing a textfield doesn't make the onscreen keyboard come up. I have no idea on how to solve this.
  2. How do I keep the active textfield in view when I (manually) open the onscreen keyboard? Now the program is moved to the top of the screen, but if the textfield is to low in my program the keyboard moves in front (and over) the active text field.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,720 Views)

2) I guess you need to scroll your VI (property, linked to Pane -> Origin) or move window (property VI -> FP window -> Window bounds) to ensure text field is visible

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,683 Views)

LabVIEW text fields are not standard Windows text controls but entirely rendered and handled by LabVIEW itself. Therefore as far as Windows is concerned there is no text, numeric or any other control on the window.

If you want to have a keyboard to show up, you have to implement that in a LabVIEW event structure yourself. You could intercept the mouse down event and then open the "osk.exe" file by using the System Exec function in LabVIEW.

In this post is a VI which makes sure to disable the virtualization in order to make this also work in 32 bit LabVIEW on a 64 bit Windows system.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 3
(4,655 Views)