LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run mode in exe build

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there an option to disable an exe from starting up in "run mode"? I'd like to be able to change my analog sample rate without having to stop and start the .exe initially.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author glskinner

You can customize this option in the build properties.

In the "Source File Settings" options, look for the VI you don't want to run on start. Select it and go to customize VI properties.

Just uncheck "Run When Opened" and build the application to apply the changes.

Regards

Mondoni
Message 2 of 7
(2,832 Views)

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,830 Views)

All LabVIEW built EXEs should startup in "Run mode".  When you open Notepad from a shortcut do you then have to click Run before you can start using it?  There is no legitimate reason that a user should be allowed to change control values on a front panel unless the VI is running.  This mistake is made by many beginner LabVIEW developers and I suggest you study up on some LabVIEW training.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,811 Views)

I need to be able to change the sample rate via a control before I acquire data. I can set a default value but that will differ from instance to instance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,809 Views)

Yes, but you also can build an application that waits this value before performing any other task.

Regards

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,807 Views)

@glskinner wrote:

I need to be able to change the sample rate via a control before I acquire data. I can set a default value but that will differ from instance to instance.

This is the perfect instance to use a configuration file.  That way you can edit the config file (it is just raw text) and then run the program.  The program reads the config file and proceeds with the settings you specified in the config file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,775 Views)