From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run local file on remote target

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attempting to programatically run a local VI on a remote target (cRIO). The method I would have expected to work (shown in the attached snippet) fails because Open VI Reference expects the VI path to be on the computer specified by the Application Reference whereas I want to reference something based on the local file system.

Looking at documentation, it seems like Source Distributions are the suggested way of doing this. However, I have two problems with source distributions. The first is that code seems to run differently. If I build/deploy code, it does not work as expected. Furthermore, given that this system is going to be continually developed, I do not want to force people to build/deploy every time they make a change given the time it takes to do so.

In short, I am trying to programmatically achieve something that is very easy to do manually. To manually run code on the cRIO, I open the code and change the target in the botton left of the screen. This then allows me to deploy my local code to my cRIO and run it. It seems this should then be possible to do programatically but I cannot figure out how.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,146 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martian101

Thanks to some help from NI engineers and this KnowledgeBase article, I figured it out. I've attached a snippet showing my implementation.

Message 2 of 2
(2,078 Views)