From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run and Stop missing

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to edit someone else's application, and I don't have the Run or Stop icons.  Under the Operate menu the Run and Stop are grayed out.  What causes this condition?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,394 Views)

Hi nonecure,

it can be the execution mode (maybe it's defined as subprogram), or the style (you can change it in window appearance). You'll find both entries in the VI options. Right click on the vi icon.

Mike

Message 2 of 10
(6,375 Views)

The VI is setup as a subroutine.  If you go into the VI Properties (CTRL-I) and go to the Exectuion settings, you'll see the priority is setup as a subroutine.

For doing some basic testing, you can change this setting to help you debug, but any VI which is also has subroutine prioity and calls this as a subVI will break, since all VI's called by a subroutine priority VI must also be subroutine priority. 

Message 3 of 10
(6,372 Views)

wow quick replies, thanks.

The vi is set to normal priority with allow debugging checked.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,365 Views)
You may get your answer faster if you post the vI or a screen capture of the front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,361 Views)
Is the VI running when you open it and the whole toolbar has disappeared, or is the toolbar there and the icons are missing?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,359 Views)

This image is how it opens up.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,351 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nonecure

Hi nonecure,

did you check window appearance (user defined), as i said before?

Mike

Message 8 of 10
(6,339 Views)

Go into VI Properties (CTRL-I) and to the Windows Appearance section.  Click the customize button.

You'll notice that the check boxes for "Show Abort Button" and "Show Run Button" are unchecked.  Check them.

Message Edited by Matthew Kelton on 07-07-2009 11:49 AM
Message 9 of 10
(6,331 Views)

Mike, thanks that was it.

I missed that point in your first replay.  They guy that originally wrote this like to make things difficault for other people to support his stuff.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,328 Views)