cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Time needed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all.

I would like to know what run time I need to run my application and to know if I have to purchase for it.

I would like to use shared variables en FTP VIs to send/receive files.

What run times have I to purchase?

And which run times are not free?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,687 Views)

You need LabVIEW Run-Time Engine

It's free

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,656 Views)

Shared Variables and the FTP VIs are all part of the LabVIEW RunTime Engine.  Just make sure you install the RTE version to match what your application was built in (or create an installer via your project that includes the RTE).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,651 Views)

Be careful if you have the Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module installed since you are using shared variables.  Using some shared variable features (such as setting a shared variable default value under its properties) will require DSC runtime which is not free.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,626 Views)

@playerm1  ha escrito:

Be careful if you have the Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module installed since you are using shared variables.  Using some shared variable features (such as setting a shared variable default value under its properties) will require DSC runtime which is not free.

Thanks for replying.

And how can I know which shared variables features need DSC run time?

I would like just read and write shared variables at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvaro.S

You don't have to worry about it if you don't have DSC installed with your LabVIEW IDE.

If you do have the module installed, then you should see some DSC-related dependencies being brought into your project under the dependencies item.  You can also build the executable, then attempt to deploy/run on a machine with only base LabVIEW RTE installed and if it complains about missing DSC related items, then it has DSC dependencies.  You can also attempt to build an installer and let it automatically determine which run-time components to include, and if you see DSC listed, it has DSC dependencies.

I would recommend just uninstalling DSC and sending it back to hell where it came from.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,610 Views)

Thanks everyone,

It is solved just creating and installer and check "adittional installers" window.

Message 7 of 7
(2,574 Views)