cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Application installer and Publisher is Unknown

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I made an installer for my application and filled in all the information of the company. But when I run the installer there comes a pop-up from windows and says Publisher Unknown. 

Publisher Unknown.PNG

How can I change this? 

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,057 Views)

This is a Microsoft issue. To be more precise: The installer does not include a digital signature.

There are little to no options for NI to help.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BBram

Norbert_B, that's not true - you can sign your executables and installers with a digital signature and apply that from the Build Specification. It *is* NIs job to allow you to sign the executable/installer with your own certificate.

You will need to generate a certificate and install it in Windows, you can then use it to sign you application. For it to appear as 'verified' (green), you need to use a trusted certificate provider (e.g. verisign etc.) to generate the signed certificate - this usually comes with a charge. You can create an un-verified certificate yourself - google it.

Executable:

2016-02-11_12-47-02.png

Installer:

2016-02-11_12-46-22.png

Here's the NI Knowledgebase on the subject: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E06C1800F5AFCCBF86257236006C9F2A

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 5
(5,038 Views)

Thank you for the information!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,009 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

Norbert_B, that's not true -[...]

Here's the NI Knowledgebase on the subject: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E06C1800F5AFCCBF86257236006C9F2A

You are correct, Sam. My wording was chosen badly.

My point was that NI cannot help you to get the signed certificate beyond the KB you linked (which i heven't seen before....). It is your task to get and apply the signature.

thanks for correction and elaboration

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,994 Views)