From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotics

Hello All,

I am new to labview development envinronment.

My task was to log the sensor readings whitch  are connected to Fanuc CNC controller (FANUC 0IMF). It has ETHERNET port where we can access the g code and the values of its variables. I am planning to use this ETHERNET port  and variable vaules to access the sensor readings.  

The logging can be  in TDMS file format. 

I am developing the labview code for the above task. Can some body please help me regarding this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,743 Views)
First, you need to go through the LabVIEW tutorials.

Second, I am not specifically familiar with that particular controller but I would expect that interface to run the Modbus protocol. So you will need to learn about that, or whatever protocol it does run.

Third, you need to start putting together some code and when you have specific questions, post the code that is giving you the trouble and ask the specific question.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,736 Views)

@Bagavath.G wrote:

Hello All,

I am new to labview development envinronment.

My task was to log the sensor readings whitch  are connected to Fanuc CNC controller (FANUC 0IMF). It has ETHERNET port where we can access the g code and the values of its variables. I am planning to use this ETHERNET port  and variable vaules to access the sensor readings.  

The logging can be  in TDMS file format. 

I am developing the labview code for the above task. Can some body please help me regarding this? 

Its better to splitt your work into different task and then focus on each task, which will be better to complete target. based on that you can refer to tutorial and ask in forum. instead of expecting answers for the whole concept

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,712 Views)