From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotics + LabVIEW

Hi there, I am doing a final year project and would need some help and resources.

The project title is: Development of Navigation Algorithm for Mobile Robot Applications

The project background is: A mobile robot needs to plan their movement automatically in order to avoid obstacles and rendezvous with the changing environment. A dynamically reconfigurable path planning is required for the robot to move from its initial position to its destination without colliding with obstacles along the way. Motion planning problem in its simplest form, is to find a path from a specified start configuration to a specific goal configuration. an elementary task in path planning is to transform the configuration space as captured by the camera to a simplified but enlarged configuration space induced by a robot

The project objective is: To develop a software routine to transform the configuration space as captured by camera to a simplified but enlarged configuration space induced by a robot. The software is to be developed using LabVIEW.

Please send help to a struggling student

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,612 Views)

@Mac98 wrote:

Mental help ("go for it")? Financial help? On site help? Random thoughts?

In all seriousness, your question is very general. So you'll get general answers.

Let us know where you have problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,596 Views)

You need to provide much more information.

• What system you are using to control your robot
  • What OS you are using for the programming your robot
  • Give examples of code  that you have written that you are having troubles with.
  • Ask specific questions so we can better understand where you are having issues.

If you are asking us to write code and send it to you, you are in the wrong place. We are here to help you succeed. That means that you have to try first.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,578 Views)

If you where located in my region, I would consider giving you on-site help for a few days a month during the project. Being alliance partner also means educating to me.

You might take a bold step and contact a nearby NI partner. Contact with educational institutes might be beneficial them as well (new employees, graduation projects, exposure, etc.).

They might say no, but it's worth a try (fortune favors the bold).

Reason I brought this up is that it's not an easy assignment. I think anyone would need help. Text interaction might not be enough.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,574 Views)

How do i go about asking tho? Do i email NI (SEA) or (Singapore) to achieve that?

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

If you where located in my region, I would consider giving you on-site help for a few days a month during the project. Being alliance partner also means educating to me.

You might take a bold step and contact a nearby NI partner. Contact with educational institutes might be beneficial them as well (new employees, graduation projects, exposure, etc.).

They might say no, but it's worth a try (fortune favors the bold).

Reason I brought this up is that it's not an easy assignment. I think anyone would need help. Text interaction might not be enough.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,560 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Mac98 wrote:

Mental help ("go for it")? Financial help? On site help? Random thoughts?

In all seriousness, your question is very general. So you'll get general answers.

Let us know where you have problems.

i meant like if help if anyone in the forum has ever had to do such a weird project.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,559 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

You need to provide much more information.

• What system you are using to control your robot
  • What OS you are using for the programming your robot
  • Give examples of code  that you have written that you are having troubles with.
  • Ask specific questions so we can better understand where you are having issues.

If you are asking us to write code and send it to you, you are in the wrong place. We are here to help you succeed. That means that you have to try first.

There is no system to control the robot. My supervisor didn't give me any hardware AT ALL.

OS wise i'm assuming u mean where i'm writing the code? If it is than just lab view.

regarding code, i haven't started on the main code. But my supervisor asked me to write a binary code in excel for Environment and Robot (attached below), which i have already done. Next, he wants me to write a code in Lab view to read the excel files into Lab view (attached below), which also has been done but i am only about to run either Environment or Robot Binary excel file and cannot run both. I am currently trying to solve this part but after that i have no idea how to proceed on because i am an Electrical Student and not a robotics or mechanical student.

I am not asking for anyone to make the whole code for me, i am asking for a direction as to how i should proceed as i feel my supervisor has no idea how to do the very project he has tasked me with.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,554 Views)

We need to know what hardware you are planning to use to help guide you on what you are going to need to do. You need to sit down and make a plan. Figure out what your robot is going to need to do. Does your robot need to be autonomous? What control system are you going to use (myRIO, FPGA, on-board computer, some other real-time operating system)? Then you need to start figuring out the electronics and power distribution. You need to discuss the power train. what tasks it needs to do.

This is not a new problem. I have high school students that are doing things like this every year. I teach them programming and electronics. What you are being asked to do has been done many many times. DO some research on the internet and you can find everything you need to build your project. When you get back to the programming side of things and have some code that you are getting stuck on that is when we will try to help you.

If you know what your robot is supposed to do start trying to put together some code that will make things happen regardless of the system. Figure out the logic and you can port it to any programming language. You can not expect that you can come here and ask us how to do your project. We only help you with code that you have written. You might find someone here that has many hours to do your homework for you but you would learn a lot more if you did the work yourself.

Tim
GHSP
Message 8 of 9
(2,541 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

We need to know what hardware you are planning to use to help guide you on what you are going to need to do. You need to sit down and make a plan. Figure out what your robot is going to need to do. Does your robot need to be autonomous? What control system are you going to use (myRIO, FPGA, on-board computer, some other real-time operating system)? Then you need to start figuring out the electronics and power distribution. You need to discuss the power train. what tasks it needs to do.

This is not a new problem. I have high school students that are doing things like this every year. I teach them programming and electronics. What you are being asked to do has been done many many times. DO some research on the internet and you can find everything you need to build your project. When you get back to the programming side of things and have some code that you are getting stuck on that is when we will try to help you.

If you know what your robot is supposed to do start trying to put together some code that will make things happen regardless of the system. Figure out the logic and you can port it to any programming language. You can not expect that you can come here and ask us how to do your project. We only help you with code that you have written. You might find someone here that has many hours to do your homework for you but you would learn a lot more if you did the work yourself.

As I have mentioned to someone who replied to me earlier, there is NO hardware, its purely software based. My robot has to autonomous. Control system wise, i am not entirely sure but i was told i have to use LabVIEW. I really just think my supervisor doesnt know how to do this project to begin with

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,515 Views)