LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Simulation Model Builder tool cant export the component model to the " User Model Library"

I tried to add a model to the " User Model Library" by following the steps in this tutorial: 

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14780/en/  titled "How to Import a CAD Model from Solidworks to the Robotics Simulation Model Builder", however, I keep getting a message that says" You can not export component model to a non-default path" when trying to export the model. 

I know that The default folder for saving model files in the CAD Model Importer is LabVIEW Data\Robotics\Simulator\Model\Config\Customized Parts. However I cannot find this directory in my PC. please help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,907 Views)

Hi Zainab94,

Would it be possible for you to clarify at what step in the tutorial are you getting this error? As well, to which directory you are trying to export to that is being considered a non-default path?

You should be able to find the LabVIEW Data directory in your Documents folder. If the more specific paths aren’t there, you can try creating them manually and then exporting to them. If that still doesn’t work, can you try reinstalling the LabVIEW Robotics Module and verify that it installs correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,829 Views)

Hi, 

Thank you for replying. 

I get the error in step 6. I'm trying to export the model file in the LabVIEW Data directory in my Documents folder. I have tried creating the specific folders manually in the LabVIEW data folder but that did not work as well. I haven't however reinstalled the LabVIEW  Robotics Module again. I actually have deleted it because I have "Robotics for myRIO and roboRIO" software, I thought deleting the Robotics Module could solve the issue because maybe having two robotics software might have caused a conflict but i don't know ,it didn't work and I still get the same error and the default folder doesn't appear in my LabVIEW data folder. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,826 Views)

Hi Zainab94,

Is there any error code you are getting along with the message? Also, The Robotics Module for myRIO and roboRIO provides a subset of functionality from the LabVIEW Robotics Module. It might be necessary to have the LabVIEW Robotics Module for what you are trying to accomplish instead. As it has the full functionality, if you are only going to keep one module it might be best to have that one instead.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,808 Views)

Hi, 

I solved the problem, i changed the path of the Default Data Directory from " Tools > Options> Paths > Default Data Directory"  and then the exporting worked for me. The problem was that the default path that was used by LabVIEW was not recognizable by the software because some folders had Arabic names and so by changing the path to another folders it solved the problem. I hope this post could be useful for anybody who is having this problem. 

Message 5 of 5
(2,800 Views)