LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring control - wrong use or wrong behavior?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I have a simple ring control. 

MaSta_1-1669895408732.png   ring.png

So far nothing special. When using the UP/DOWN buttons, it becomes illogical. The values are ascending top to bottom. So when configured as shown, the UP buttom would only go to 18, no matter if the ring is set 9, 12 or 14. It would not rotate. The DOWN button would go up with the values, and it would rotate, so 9 -> 12 -> 14 -> 18 -> 9 etc.

Seeing this I thought I'd have to reverse the number and configured them descending with the result that the UP/DOWN now stop working once they get to the 9.

I mean, is this normal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(834 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MaSta

Open the properties of the ring.

Go to the "Data Entry" tab.

Check "Use Default Limits"

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(803 Views)

The limits, yes. I already wondered why you would limit a control that has a list of values, not a range. I actually expected LV to ignore them

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(783 Views)

Think of a ring as a convenient way for a user to enter a number.  You give them choices for convenience, but really it can even be a number not on the list (if you allow it, or if wired into the block diagram).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(777 Views)