From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverting To old Version build

Solved!
Go to solution

I was wondering if there was any way to revert to an older VI build after applying a patch?

What I am trying to do:

1. I have a VI on a pc, and I want to patch this VI
  2. Test the patch.
  3. If the patch does not work I want to go back to the VI state before I patched. 

I have looked in searched in the forums, and could not find something along this lines, possibly missed it.  Is there any good way to do this? 

Thank you,

-K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Keigi

Yes, there's a good way to do it. It's called source code control. Based on your question you are apparently not using it. Now's your chance to learn about it and use it. LabVIEW is a programming language, and as such, doesn't have a source code control system. At least not a good one, anyway. Opinions on which one is the "best" are as varied as there are flavors in a Ben & Jerry's. I use Subversion with TortoiseSVN. Very simple and extremely effective. JKI has a toolkit for it: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209022.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,946 Views)