LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing order of LEDs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys. The numeric is using a binary input and I would like the LEDs to light up in the same order, however right now they are in reverse order.

FlightGuy_0-1692805179001.png

FlightGuy_1-1692805209621.png

I have tried using the reverse 1D array but then the LEDs did not work

FlightGuy_2-1692805528070.pngFlightGuy_3-1692805556040.png

Thank you all for your input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(529 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlightGuy

The boolean array has more than 8 elements. Show all elements or alternatively extract the first 8 elements before reversing.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 2 of 5
(524 Views)

Change your numeric to U8 (right-click...representation...U8).

altenbach_0-1692807753377.png

(You are currently generating 32 booleans. Note that array container size != array size)

Message 3 of 5
(518 Views)

Ahhhh that worked! Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(511 Views)

@FlightGuy wrote:

Ahhhh that worked! Thank you very much!!

If you actually want to keep the original order of the bits but want to display it reversed, you might want to convert it into a cluster of Booleans instead.  An advantage of this is then you can explicitly name each bit if needed.  And when you want to do an array-type operation on it, you can easily convert it back to an array and do your thing.  (And if needed, easily re-convert it to a cluster.)  I usually opt for vertical display, because then the Boolean labels don't "get in the way".  I can move them off to the side.  Naming the bits removes any ambiguity concerning LSB MSB.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 5
(492 Views)