cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve data from MS excel

Solved!
Go to solution

hi all 

i have a simple question... how can i get data from an excel file ..... i have MS excel file (*.xls) i want simply to get data which is in that file in labview ?

i did go through the tutorial http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3181#toc0 but it seems that only way to get data from excel in labview is by having the report generation toolkit  ... 

or is there some way else that without having the toolkit i can read data from the excel ??

regards  

Message Edited by nolsqn on 02-24-2010 01:13 AM
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,305 Views)
Message Edited by Mathan on 02-24-2010 02:44 AM
Message 2 of 12
(3,293 Views)

Have you tried the Activex method?

There are lots of example that could be found in this forum or @ni.com

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,287 Views)
You need not have the report generation toolkit and you can very well use the read from spread sheet. And use a write from spread sheet to write data as well....:smileywink:
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,272 Views)

Dear nolsqn, is your problem solved? If so please mark which post helps you most in solving your problem.

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 5 of 12
(3,267 Views)
Read From Spreadsheet cannot read a native xls file. You must use ActiveX. Search the forum (there's probably thousands of similar questions. There is also the Excel Board.
Message 6 of 12
(3,258 Views)

I think it would less complicated if you open the file in excel, and then export it as a tab separated ascii file. Then you can read with basic Labview functions

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,255 Views)

hi mathan my problem is well 50% solved ..........and yes your did help me a lot...

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,220 Views)

hi 

here are the two VI's that i made one using the read spreadsheet.vi and the other using the report generation tool kit ... what i want is to read the first column of the excel irrespective of the number of rows .........

the spreadsheet.vi donot read the native excel file

i am posting the 02 vi's please have a look , although they are working okay but actually i want you people to have a look at it and tell me how can i improve them  

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,218 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nolsqn
Message 10 of 12
(3,213 Views)