From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve a custom scale from a different PC

I have several PCs on a subnetwork all running similar VIs. I would like to keep all my custom scales in a central location (in MAX on only one of the PCs) and allow the VIs on any of the other PCs to dynamically retrieve a scale from it. Previously, I needed to export the MAX config and manually copy it to MAX on the other PCs. This is a pain.

I created a work around which pulls all the scale info out of MAX and puts it into a DB table.

Yeah, it works, but again, this is kind of a pain.

Is this possible to get the scales from another PC using DAQmx?

I couldn't find any VIs to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,492 Views)

Yes, this is possible, but you may need to "step away from MAX" in order to do it.  I had the same situation -- I have a Triaxial Accelerometer whose output consists of three voltages linearly proportional to the X, Y, and Z coordinates of acceleration.  The manufacturer went to great lengths to get the three axes orthogonal to each other, and to make voltage a linear function of acceleration, but the DC offsets and the voltage gains were specified with an error of 10%, so a Calibration procedure was needed.

I developed such a procedure and could "hand-code" in MAX the three sets of Offset and Slope for the axes, but I wanted to do this programmatically so that I could take these values either from a file or from the Calibration Procedure directly.  The way I did this was to use the DAQmx Create Custom Scale (Linear) function and feed its output to the DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic) function.  Here's the routine:

Triax Show.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,480 Views)