LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart required after LabVIEW installer called from Inno Installer

Hey all,

(Cross-posted to lavag.org forums)

We have a LabVIEW application, which has a LabVIEW-based Installer.  This LabVIEW installer is called from within another Inno installer (since our main Inno installer pulls together multiple components, most of them not LabVIEW).  Whenever this Inno installer ends, it always asks the user to restart their PC, even if the LabVIEW installer was cancelled

I narrowed it down, and it's reproducible with only the LabVIEW installer, so it's definitely LabVIEW installer's fault.  According to Inno's help documentation, "if a program executed in the [Run] section queues files to be replaced on the next reboot (by calling MoveFileEx or by modifying wininit.ini), Setup will detect this and prompt the user to restart the computer at the end of installation."  However, as stated above, this dialog is triggered even if the LabVIEW installer was cancelled and wrote no files. 

Now, the above linked documentation refers to a flag I can put in my installer script to ignore this restart dialog, but it's a global flag, and I would like my other installers to still make use of this handy restart dialog if necessary. Unfortunately it seems LabVIEW installers trigger this even if not actually necessary.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas how to make my LabVIEW installer NOT muck around with the MoveFileEx or wininit.ini stuff if/when it's not actually needed?  Attached is a LabVIEW project and Inno Installer script which easily reproduces the problem.  To reproduce:

1. Extract the attached .zip
  2. Open test.iss in Inno Setup and click the "Run" button
    1. Alternately, just run the built installer under "\Output\test_inno_installer_9.99.0.0.exe"
  3. Click Next on 'Select Components' dialog
  4. Click Install on 'Ready to Install' dialog
  5. When LabVIEW installer pops up click Cancel, then yes (you're sure)
  6. See the Restart dialog

Thanks!

David_L

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,967 Views)