From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reproduce repeated .csv file waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm not-advanced user of LabVIEW and I'm having trouble trying to code something, which in principle is very simple. Smiley Wink

I have captured a periodic waveform (from the "real world") in a ".csv" file. What I would like is to be able to

1. read it continuously and having it repeat itself after the data points has finished. Eg. I have collected only one period of a sine wave in my ".csv" and I want to have a never-ending sine wave from this data;
  2. be able to change the sample read frequency in real-time. By changing the sample read frequency, slow down or fasten up the replicating of my signal. This includes not only by the end of the data collected by also during the replication of my data - mid-file. Eg. Frequency modulate a signal with my sine wave period.

I was trying to use a read from spreadsheet block and then build a waveform or vector, to which an adjustable frequency reads the data points. Is this possible?

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,438 Views)

Please attach your code (the actual VIs).  This tells us a lot of things, including what you have tried, provides some idea of your LabVIEW knowledge, shows us where you might have misconceptions, tells us the Version of LabVIEW you are using, etc.  And, not to be too cynical, demonstrates that this isn't a "Please do my homework for me" request.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 4
(2,410 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vglinden

Hi Bob,

After working for quite a while I was able to sythesizer what I needed by copying the .csv contents to a string and reading it with a "from spreedsheet" function.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,384 Views)

Good for you.  Since you didn't attach any code, I still don't know much about you or your LabVIEW environment (such as which Version of LabVIEW you are using -- the function names changed a few years ago).  Your way works, but there is also a "one-step" function that would have been simpler and "more logical" to use.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,376 Views)