From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit Table Row Height-MS Word

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having trouble setting the table row height in the report generation toolkit. I can set the column width fine, but the row height seems to remain the same no matter what I set it to. I have attached the VI that generates and formats the table, and the printout it is resulting in. I have also attached the template file I am using.

Any tips to get this to work right? I am trying to make the cells exactly the same height as the text inside. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,169 Views)

Hi,

I ran this VI, changed the row height from .2 to 2.  Seemed to work fine.  I had to add the create report VI, added values into the markers control, and attached the template you gave.  Not sure that helps, but I would think there might be some issue with the inputs to this SubVI.

Although the snippet shows the integer 2, it worked for 1.8 and .8 too.   In the past I have had issues with values not being supported by word/excel, but this seems not to be the case.

splitterWrows.png

Here is the report.

Presentation1.png

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,150 Views)

Yeah sorry, not the easiest subVI to execute on its own. 

The .2 I have there does not work though. 0.2 is printing out as if it is .4 or so, as a point of reference the table above it in the template is 0.2". Is there maybe something with the font properties that is double spacing it? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,136 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ngarneski

Hi,

So I tried .2  and it didn't work.  So I went to Word to manually change it, and it did not work either.  There is a selection box in word, for the table properties, that seems to default to the value "at least".  When I changed this manually to "exactly" in word, no problem with the .2 manually in Word.

Hopefully this can be set within the template, for all new inserted tables.  I'm not sure the report generator VI's expose this property.  Well, this is a start for the issue.

Edit ****

You can go into the add table VI and expose the property.  See pic.   However, you have to decide if you want to "upgrade" this VI permanently to expose this property or make a copy with the property exposed.   I haven't messed with the new class reports too much, so not sure of the ins and outs with this.

I think this is the issue with the row size becoming smaller.

Presentation2.png

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
Message 4 of 8
(4,132 Views)

Hi

I am trying to resize the height of row, but i couldn't. I also used the HeightRule as well.

Please guide me to adjust the row height.

I attached the VI with this.

Thanks & Regards,

Shree

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,804 Views)

Shree-

I was able to get this to work by doing what Mark Ramsdale above suggested-Modifying Word Set Table Dimensions.vi to expose the "heightRule" property, and changing it to "wdRowHeightExactly." It works but it really kills the portability of your code. 

I havent ever been able to figure out a better solution than this, if anyone has found a way to do this without modifying NI vis I would love to hear.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,792 Views)

Try this vi, it works with the RGT.

Ben64

Message 7 of 8
(3,784 Views)

@ben64 wrote:

Try this vi, it works with the RGT.

Ben64

Worked for me, made a small change to it though: I made it use inches or centimeters like the toolkit does. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,773 Views)