LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the space used for menubar and toolbar in executable

I would like to completely remove the menubar and toolbar in my executable. I know how to hide them, but that leaves the space used for them. Is there a way to completely remove the space used for it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(3,450 Views)

Hi Benjamin,

how do you hide them?

Usually (when using the VI properties) they don't tak eup any front panel space when they are hidden…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(3,434 Views)

Just from the VI properties, you can disable them (Window Appearance, customize, uncheck "Show menu bar" and "Show toolbar when running").

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Do you have an example VI that shows the problem?  Perhaps there is a option you missed that we can catch for you.  But I also vaguely remember this issue and I cannot remember if it was a bug or something stupid I did not know about at the time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(3,431 Views)

If you turn off the menubar and\or toolbar there's no space reserved for them.

However, the controls, indicators and decorations on the front panel will not automatically scale to fill the space. You'll need to do that yourself.

It depends very much on your front panel  layout how this can be solved. Sometimes a fit to pane is enough. Splitters might help.

I made this library to scale\show\hide FP object: Carya-Automatisering/Dynamic-Scaling. It's donation ware, open source (MIT). You might want to watch the video...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(3,424 Views)

I currently develop in LabView 2018.

I use the VI properties to hide them. I have played with the minimum panel size, and by setting the size low enough suddenly made them disappear, and if I then put the size back again, they stay away. Something is fishy….

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(3,423 Views)

Better post some code. Sounds like it's not working as expected.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(3,408 Views)

Why does noone suggest setting the Window Appearance during Development (right-click, "VI Properties", Window Appearance), click Customize, and uncheck Window has Title Bar, Show Menu Bar, and other options you don't want to see (such as Scroll Bars, since your Front Panel should fit on your screen).  You can also set the Window Run-Time Position's "Position" option to Maximize, and Window Size's "Minimum Panel Size" to 0, 0 (which, somewhat paradoxically, lets the Front Panel fill the screen).

No Muss, No Fuss, and the Executable will fill the Window, including the space otherwise used for the Menu and Toolbar.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(3,393 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Why does noone suggest setting the Window Appearance during Development (right-click, "VI Properties", Window Appearance), click Customize, and uncheck Window has Title Bar, Show Menu Bar,

Because OP says he knows how to do this.

Given his 2nd post, I think he does. This might have fallen in LV18, or the way it is done (post some code!) is not right.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(3,391 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Why does noone suggest setting the Window Appearance during Development (right-click, "VI Properties", Window Appearance), click Customize, and uncheck Window has Title Bar, Show Menu Bar, and other options you don't want to see (such as Scroll Bars, since your Front Panel should fit on your screen).

I thought I did.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(3,386 Views)

@Bob:

Me too

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(3,380 Views)